Saturday, September 29, 2012

Firehouse has really good subs

Lots of fun last night. Actually probably going to be the last regular season game I attend, but now that we've clinched a playoff spot, won't be my last of the season. Well, I guess technically it's possible they'd play and lose an away play-in game, but I'm liking our odds going forward...

Anyway, looking through BigSoccer and it seems like the big talking point is... the refs. I've gotta say I didn't think the ref had that terrible of the game. I mean he surely asn't good, but he was missing calls and making questionable decisions for both teams pretty evenly, though I'll concede SJC was probably on the benefitting side a bit more than Chicago, but that's true for any game. I guess the big blown call to me was the second yellow to Segares, but his first yellow was his own dumb fault... Chicago fans also feel they should have had two corners that weren't called due to missed dflections. While I agree to a point, I don't know that they were incredibly clear for the ref to call and he didn't get help from his linesman, plus I read somehwere that Kansas City hasn't conceded a goal on a corner in 55 games, which is insane, so it may not have helped anyway.

Kamara and Zusi both had masterful games and the defense got it done again, without Collin for a second straight week. I believe the team when they say it's not an injury, but man sometimes PVs personnell choices seem weird. No subs used either. Who knows? It's working, so I won't knock it.

Speaking of... knocking it... here's some player ratings.

Chicago Fire
 
Sean Johnson
4.8
Austin Berry
4.5
Jalil Anibaba
4.8
Gonzalo Segares
3.4
Arne Fridrich
3.9
Patrick Nyarko
4.8
Logan Pause
4.8
Alvaro fernandez
4.8
Dan Paladini
4.2
Alex
4.5
Chris Rolfe
4.5
Dominic Oduru
4.2
Sherjill MacDonald
4.5
Guillermo Franco
4.2
Team Average
4.4
 
 
Sporting Kansas City
 
Jimmy Nielsen
5.6
Seth Sinovic
5.9
Matt Besler
6.2
Chance Myers
6.2
Lawrence Olum
5.9
Roger Espinoza
5.0
Graham Zusi
8.4
Julio Cesar
5.3
Paolo Nagamura
4.5
Kei Kamara
5.9
CJ Sapong
5.3
Team Average
5.8

Man of the match unsurprinsgly to Zusi for his brace and excellent performance. Excellent work by the back line and Mr. Nielsen as well.

And now, some photos. I'm loving my new phone :D













No comments:

Post a Comment