Sunday, October 21, 2012

Oh Brooklyn Brooklyn take me in...

Let me start off by saying that I hate my laptops keyboard and I'm not going to try to correct any typos that creep into this post.

Let me also say that I really thought about flying out to this game on Saturday since I had to be in New York today (Sunday) anyway, but ultimately I decided I love my family (just slightly) more than I love this team...

Still, snapped a photo of Red Bull Arena while flying in.


I was actually on the plane that brought all the players back. Gave a quick "Great results" to Vermes and Zusi and Collin, but I didn't want to be that fan when they were just getting off the plane. I did get a bit school girl giddy though...

Still, wish I could have been there, I actually think it was a great result, even as penned in as we were.

I think a lot of people are going to say that SKC was outgunned by New York, and they may have been right. NYRB had plenty of chances to win that game, but SKC played the kind of game visiting teams pull at LSP all the team. Balls to the wall, gritty, often lucky defending and a few great chances against the run of play.

I actually personally think Mr. Puma deserves man of the match for this one, but the numbers thought otherwise... here's the breakdown.


So, on the one hand, maybe a bit surprising to see Collin over Jimmy, but Collin had a really good game and I'm glad he's back in the starting 11. I was also a little surprised to see SKC with the slight edge in team average, but a lot of that was due to the great defending efforts.

So, kudos to Collin, and I will say it was also good to see Convey log a couple of minutes. Here's to hoping for a couple more next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment