Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The calm before the battle

I don't really have a lot to say going into tonight that hasn't been said elsewhere, better, but I'll first throw it over to James for a much better discussion of tonight than I can give.

Will you be one of us?
I'll just repost here my quick thoughts from Big Soccer. Namely, tonight is going to be awful no matter what for at least 90 minutes.
I'm generally pretty easy going to sporting events. I mean yeah, I love when the team wins, but just being able to watch pro soccer in person is something I'll always enjoy where ever I am.

Wednesday isn't about going for enjoyment, at all. I don't expect to have a good time. This game won't be entertainment for me. This is business, and I expect to be completely miserable for at least 90 minutes no matter what's happening on the field.
 I'm also reminded of a line from the ever quoteable Futurama.

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle's not so bad?
Soldier: Oh right. I forgot about the battle. [whimpers]
So I'll just leave this here. We agree Jimmy. We want it too. Maybe even more than you do. But maybe not.



No comments:

Post a Comment