Friday, March 1, 2013

Week 0 Power Rankings

We're baaaaaaack.

Technically, we were never gone. But still.

So, to do the most meaningless of meaningless things, I opted to do one final spreadshet iteration before retiring the 2012 version and starting up a new 2013 one. I ran the power ranking system through the playoffs to determine a final final set of power rankings to use as the starting point for this season. Well, that's not entirely true, this season will actually start with everyone at 0, since I think there's enough parity in MLS to dictate that past season results are no indicator of next season performance. I've even posted about it! But that's under the bridge.

Here's how the numbers worked out :

San Jose
1
Kansas City
2
DC
3
New York
4
LA
5
Houston
6
Seattle
7
Chicago
8
Salt Lake City
9
Columbus
10
Colorado
11
Vancouver
12
Dallas
13
Montreal
14
New England
15
Philadelphia
16
Chivas
17
Portland
18
Toronto
19

Maybe it's blasphemy to not put LA at #1 and Houston at #2 due to their postseason performance, but I simply weighted each post season game as another match. Perhaps I should have given more weighting to each round, but this seemed like the best way to do it. I think I'll be making a few tweeks to the system this year, but otherwise, it should be more or less the same. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment