Thursday, June 21, 2012

Better never than late?

Yeah, I'll admit that I stayed up until midnight to watch the game last night, and I'm glad I did. I thought it was a really entertaining match, and would have thought so even as a neutral. Edge of my seat stuff, great envinronment in Seattle, lots of physical play, some post clattering close calls, and a completely awesome goal. I don't know how people on the East coast can be sports fans though. These late nights are killing me when it comes to working early. But I digress.

I ran some numbers for player ratings and even tried something new. Team average ratings! Wanna find out if your team was robber? Come to the only blog that I run that provides the answer, if your team happened to play SKC that week!

At any rate (ooo, unintentional pun!) let's look at the player ratings for the Seattle game.

Seatle Sounders FC
Andrew Weber
5.7
Jeff Park
5.0
Marc Burch
5.4
Zach Scott
4.7
Patrick Ianni
6.8
Osvaldo Alonso
4.7
Mauro Rosales
7.2
Brad Evans
4.7
Alec Caskey
4.7
Alvaro Fernandez
3.3
Andy Rose
4.3
Fredy Montero
5.0
Eddie Johnson
4.7
Samuel Ochoa
4.3
Team Average
5.0

Sporting Kansas City
Jimmy Nielsen
4.7
Aurelien Collin
5.7
Michael Harrington
4.7
Chance Myers
4.7
Lawrence Olum
5.0
Graham Zusi
4.3
Roger Espinzoa
5.4
Peterson Joseph
4.7
Jacob Peterson
6.8
Michael Thomas
4.7
Kei Kamara
4.3
CJ Sapong
4.3
Teal Bunbury
4.7
Soony Saad
5.4
Team Average
5.0


Gotta admit, I'm a little surprised that the team averages were identical. Well, Seattle actually had a very slight edge, but that got lost in rounding. Still, I thought they had the better of the game and was almost ready to concede yet another stoppage time  loser.

Less surprised at Mauro Rosales as man of the match. Very dangerous in the attack and set up Ianni's incredible goal. Jacob Peterson had a very good outting as well, something I'd love to see more of.

Also, kudos to Vermes. The lineup shuffle was an unexpected surprise from a coach who rarely deviates from his core, but he gave the right guys the right rest, started the guys who need the experience, and got a decent result from a difficult game. Really good coaching outing from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment