Saturday, July 7, 2012

Barbecue barbecue na na

You know, I should have totally called an ugly 0-0 draw given how damn hot it was going to be, and I'm sure Houston fans will mock us for saying so, but seriously, that was damn hot.

I expected maybe nil nil or a 1-0 result for some one on a fluke goal. Kansas City once again looked the much better team but couldn't find the back of the net. I actually had a revelation as well. I mean, not really a revelation so much as maybe an idea? As much as I just went out and praised Jacob Peterson, I think the big thing that sparked our offence early in the season was the Bobby Convey/Kei Kamara field switching antics. Our offence has become very predictable now and I hope we get Convey back soon, or Peterson learns how to make cross field runs in tandem with Kei.

Still, I wanted 4 points from this week and we got em. I just thought they'd be in reverse order.

Here's some snapshots from the match and then we'll do player ratings.

Okay, this is actually my dog before a US qualifier. Still cute though.

















Allright, now the fun stuff. It was a defence dominated match so no surprised the defence for both teams was rated better than the offence for either. Here's the numbers breakdown.

Houston Dynamo
Tally Hall
6.2
Bobby Boswell
5.9
Jermaine Taylor
5.9
Andre Hainault
5.4
Corey Ashe
5.9
Brad Davis
4.7
Adam Moffat
4.7
Luis Camargo
4.7
Oscar Boniek Garcia
4.7
Warren Creavalle
4.2
Will Bruin
4.5
Brian Ching
4.2
Macoumba Kandji
4.5
Brian Ownby
4.2
Team Average
5.0


Sporting Kansas City
Jimmy Nielsen
5.7
Aurelien Collin
5.9
Seth Sinovic
5.4
Chance Myers
5.4
Matt Besler
5.4
Graham Zusi
5.2
Roger Espinzoa
5.2
Paolo Nagamura
4.7
Jacob Peterson
4.7
Kei Kamara
4.7
CJ Sapong
4.5
Teal Bunbury
4.2
Soony Saad
4.2
Team Average
5.0

So, once again, man of the match goes to an opposing player, but Hall had a decent game and organized a good defence. We managed to keep Houston down for the time being and get to look forward to Wednesday, so I don't feel terrible about that result. Still would have been nice to get the full 3 though, but it's going to be a crazy schedule for the next 6-8 weeks so a point and no injuries after a win is okay. I'm still concerned about our run of play scoring though, shooting especially. Keep the shots down boys. Pass it into the net.

Oh, yeah. And here's a picture of Tally Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment