Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fire sale?

So I've gotta say, I wasn't thrilled with that last match. The big issue being it looks like we're bypassing our best players, namely Graham Zusi and Kei Kamara. I think that was a very winnable game against a conference rival, and while I don't fault the defence for the goal, the offence really needs to find it's feet again.

Here's some player ratings for the match.

Chicago Fire
Sean Johnson 6.8
Austin Berry 6.5
Jalil Anibaba 5.7
Dan Gargan 6.5
Arne Friederich 6.5
Hunter Jumper 3.9
Marco Papa 6.5
Patrick Nyarko 4.7
Logan Pause 5.0
Pavel Pardo 4.7
Rafael Robayo 3.9
Dominic Oduru 4.3
Chris Rolfe 6.5


Sporting Kansas City
Jimmy Nielsen 4.7
Aurelien Collin 4.7
Chance Myers 5.0
Seth Sinovic 4.7
Matt Besler 4.7
Lawrence Olum 3.9
Graham Zusi 6.5
Roger Espinzoa 5.0
Julio Cesar 4.3
Peterson Joseph 3.9
Kei Kamara 3.9
CJ Sapong 4.3
Teal Bunbury 4.3
Soony Saad 3.9

I think it'll be interesting to see what kind of lineup Vermes runs out these next two games. While I think a post season spot is still more or less assured, I'm starting to wonder if the Open Cup will be our best chance at hardware this year...

Anyway, Sean Johnson with man of the match, and I don't think you can deny that. He had two or three big saves that kept Chicago in the game. Zusi had a monster game as well though. Almost got the rare player-on-the-losing-team-was-the-best title.

No comments:

Post a Comment