Monday, May 28, 2012

Pretty pretty pictures

And now some snapshots from the San Jose game. In typical me fashion I don't have much to say about the game analysis wise. Great first half for Kansas City, two really good run of play goals. Felt bad for Seth getting taken off so quickly but I'd laugh a bit to see him play the next game with two club hands (though I think it was more a bad cut than anything so unless he needs serious stiches I'd think he'll be fine). After San Jose scored they looked like a much better team, but the reversal point to me was the weird play where Zusi gets taken down right at the box and the ref waves play on while the AR flags for a foul, so the two discuss it for a few minutes, decide there was no foul, and award a drop ball, which Zusi launches into the crowd.

Then, of course, there was the Busch slap of the ball kid. Not really a slap to me. From my vantage point he seemed to swat at the ball while it was being handed to him and got more of the kid than he meant, but it was still a hot headed and stupid thing to do, even if the ball kid was stalling a bit, which I also think is not cool. But still, no excuse to ever act like that towards a kid and I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a fine and maybe a one or two game suspension.

Really a fun game to watch though. Goals, controversary, drama, blood. All in all an excellent MLS game, and a great result for Kansas City.






No comments:

Post a Comment